Profit Boss, I listen to a lot of other financial podcasts. I want to know what’s out there, the topics other shows are covering, and the kind of advice other hosts give their audiences. So it’s no surprise that I come across a LOT of bad advice, and I think it’s important to debunk faulty claims so that you’re properly prepared.
Today I’m running through the top 10 worst pieces of advice I’ve heard on other shows. I explain the claims, break them down, and give you some tips for recognizing incorrect or ill-intentioned advice. It’s crucial that you learn how to separate misleading ideas from the good stuff, so you can move on and keep building a well-informed and healthy financial life.
Among the things I talk about today: investing with a “bucket” strategy, avoiding your 401k, investing in startups, and discount life insurance. I also talk about the regrettable fact that some guests on podcasts simply lie to you, often to trick you into buying their miracle money-making products or services. Remember, there are people that dedicate their lives to studying and teaching this stuff – and they’re probably a better bet than someone trying to sell you something!
I hope this episode gives you some tools for recognizing bad advice, so you can continue to be the money-savvy woman you already are (or are becoming)!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- If “bucket investing” is a good strategy.
- What you should do if your 401k has terrible investment options.
- Why you should absolutely not buy discount life insurance.
- Whether or not you should invest in gold.
- If those house-flipping seminars are actually a good way to learn how to increase your wealth.
- And much more about questionable investing tips and recognizing bad advice!
Featured On The Show:
- EP 55 | Profit Boss Radio | Uncovering the Mystery of Hedge Funds
- Warren Buffett
- Harry Markowitz
- Eugene Fama
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!