Welcome to episode 151 of Profit Boss® Radio! In the last several episodes I have shared that my team and I have been doing some deep soul searching in a coached environment. We have been asking ourselves the following questions: What is our purpose? What fulfills us? What do we want people to have as a result of us being on the planet? As a direct result, we came to redefine our ultimate mission, which is “All people are thriving.”
One of the many realizations that came from asking these critical questions is that I can speak to you about more than money. I can also cover topics that address ways to improve every aspect of your life. In this week’s episode, I am joined by Courtney Townley, host of Grace and Grit podcast. Tune in to hear ways you can focus on your health and learn the actionable steps you can take to achieve your healthiest life right now.
Find out what healthy living truly means and glean practical tips you can apply to your own life in this exciting episode of Profit Boss® Radio.
Here’s what you’ll find out in this week’s episode of Profit Boss® Radio
- Hilary’s top three health practices for her life
- What “healthy living” means today
- The definition of stress and how it influences our lives
- How acute inflammation can be positive or negative in our bodies
- What the different types of stress are and how it affects our bodies
- Why mental health is just as important as physical health
- Why body fat testing isn’t the best indicator of health
- Why a cookie-cutter approach to health isn’t helpful to everyone
- How our body’s metabolism works to keep us healthy
- The importance of eating nutrient-dense foods
- How the thyroid plays a vital part in your metabolic system
- Why it is important to do strength training
- How to begin strength training safely
- How different food interacts with the human body
- Why walking and hiking is not enough to maintain bone density
- Is milk good or bad?
- Which foods offer the most calcium
- Whether or not supplements are beneficial to your health
- Examples and benefits of eating fermented foods
- How to understand a true “food diet”
- Why shopping the periphery of the grocery store is best
- Why calorie counting is not a perfect science
- The chemicals and cleaning products you should avoid in your home
- Courtney’s core principles and practices to apply to your life for healthy living
- How to assess if you are truly in alignment with how you want to be in the world and how you want to live your health
- BONUS! Moneywise Segment: How To Maximize Tax-Deferred Contributions in 2019
- How can you delay your 2019 contributions to IRAs and Roth IRAs
- Understanding the income guidelines when it comes to IRAs and Roth IRAs
About Guest Courtney Townley
Courtney Townley began working in the fitness industry over two decades ago when she transitioned from the professional dance world. She graduated from the University of Michigan with a BFA and is fully certified as a STOTT PILATES® instructor, National Strength and Conditioning personal trainer (NSCA-CPT), ACE Health Coach, Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach. She is also a very proud student of the Ido Portal Method.
Courtney is passionate about a multi-dimensional approach to health and fitness and integrates the practices of clean eating, functional movement and stress management. She loves to move and share her love of movement with others while also introducing them to optimal health through healthy living practices.You can learn more about Courtney at https://www.graceandgrit.com/about.
Resources and Related Profit Boss® Content
- ROAR: How to Match Your Food and Fitness to Your Unique Female Physiology for Optimum Performance, Great Health, and a Strong, Lean Body for Life
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! If you reach a financial goal you’re proud of, tell me about it! I will continue to share listener win stories throughout 2019. Remember, the Profit Boss® community is here to support you and that includes celebrating with you when you accomplish something incredible.
- If you crush a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big financial or career plans, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them throughout the year on Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to firstname.lastname@example.org. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story. Thanks, ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to email@example.com. I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Don’t miss out on the 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide! It’s free and comes with weekly emails that walk you through each step.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media. Any specific mentions of funds or investments are strictly for illustrative purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice or acted upon by individual investors. The opinions expressed in this episode are those of Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA.