I heard your request Profit Boss® community – loud and clear. You asked for a show that focused on index funds and investing expert, Barbara Friedberg, delivers. Barbara pulls back the curtain on a well-kept secret that high-priced investment managers would rather you not know.
You'd be surprised how challenging it is to find a woman who was able to teach us just how evidence-based investing works in our favor. A former portfolio manager herself, Barbara has decades of experience in the investment industry. She has an MBA and Master of Science in Finance and has taught investments and finance at Santa Clara University and Lebanon Valley College. She's published several books, including How to Get Rich Without Winning the Lottery and Invest and Beat the Pros.
Barbara and I dig into the differences between active and passive investment strategies. She supplies a wealth of information on exchanged traded funds. Barbara definitely has the heart of a teacher and she shares my passion for helping women take a more active role in their wealth management process.
The investment experts want to you believe that high-growth investing requires professional help. Save the fees charged by expensive money managers and invest that back into your own portfolio. This episode covers a slew of foundational concepts that will broaden your financial IQ!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- Simple explanations (zero Wall Street Speak!):
- What’s a stock?
- What’s a mutual fund?
- What’s an ETF?
- The simple and low-cost way you can earn better returns than most investors in the world (seriously).
- How to make sure you aren’t putting all of your eggs in one basket.
- How to follow the #1 Rule of Investing: Buy low and sell high!
Featured On The Show:
- Invest and Beat the Pros by Barbara Friedberg
- How to Get Rich; Without Winning the Lottery by Barbara Friedberg
- Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Website
- Young and Oldish Money (Podcast)
- The Elements of Investing: Easy Lessons for Every Investor by Burton Malkiel and Charles Ellis
- The Most Powerful Idea in Investing by Bloomberg, Noah Smith
- Annual S&P 500 & Bond Returns, NYU Professor Aswath Damodaran
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel
- Winning the Loser’s Game by Charles Ellis
- The Real Cost Of Owning A Mutual Fund
- The Mutual Fund Fees We Don't Talk About
- Warren Buffett’s Epic Rant Against Wall Street
- The Rise of the Most Powerful Idea in Investing
Don't forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!