I'm back with another installment of Ask Hilary, where I answer questions largely from the Profit Boss® Facebook group (which you should totally join if you haven't already!).
Before answering your questions, I want to make sure you start 2017 on the right foot by talking about taxes. I share some of my top tax tips — including last-minute charitable contributions and tax loss harvesting — that you can implement to make the most of your taxes for this year. I also give you a rundown of an excellent recent article from the Wall Street Journal that backs up what I've been telling you for a while now: index funds are the way to go!
Then I dive into four listener questions. We talk about micro-financing other people and what kind of savings account you should open when you're looking to start a business of your own. I give some advice to an aspiring investor and author, and wrap up with a discussion about how to identify ways in which your business can grow so you can give yourself a promotion. I also have a free gift for you to make the busy holiday season a little more organized, so don't miss out!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- How I stay sane through the holiday shopping season, and how you can too!
- How to prep your 2016 taxes to make the most out of your returns.
The latest data on active vs. passive investing, and how this aligns with my teachings here on PBR.
My take on peer-to-peer lending and its potential pros and pitfalls.
- How to read the signs of your market when you're a small business owner to know what your next step forward should be.
Featured On The Show:
- Sign up for my newsletter, where I summarize and weigh in on the financial news you might have questions about!
- Wall Street’s “Do-Nothing” Investing Revolution from Wall Street Journal
- IRA Calculator: How much can you put in an IRA?
- Ep 26: Index Funds: Security AND High Returns, Demystified with Barbara Friedberg
- Ep 42: Wade Pfau, Professor of Retirement Income
- S&P 500
- Have a question you want answered on Profit Boss® Radio? You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!