Buying real estate can be a whirlwind – and if you've been following along for the past month, you know I've been in the middle of it myself! But it worked out, and my family and I landed our dream house in 28 days. Next week we'll be hearing from a panel of experts about how to buy real estate, but I thought I'd share my story first as a prequel.
In this episode I break down both the story of how we speedily secured our mortgage, and the story of how we ended up moving into the same house my husband lived in when we first met in 2011. It was a rapid and often crazy process, but there are some excellent lessons you can take from our speedy real estate experience.
I'll share some tips about interacting with your lender and your real estate agent, why you should get pre-qualified and pre-approved for a mortgage, and how we stuck up for ourselves when we had two lenders. And next week we'll learn even more about the ins-and-outs of landing your dream home.
And if you've got a couple minutes to spare, please hop on over to my less-than-five-minute podcast listener survey and tell me what you like, dislike, and want more of from Profit Boss® Radio. I want to help you achieve your financial goals, so be sure to let me know how I can help you get there!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- Why my family and I hadn't wanted to buy a house, until we were told we HAD to move.
- Why we opted to take out the maximum mortgage on our new home instead of pay cash.
- The low-down on our speedy mortgage lending process.
- The benefits of getting pre-qualified and approved for a mortgage (which we would have done if we had time!).
- How we strategically placed an offer on our #1 house – and got it!
- Why you should be ready to negotiate UP when placing an offer on your potential home.
Featured On The Show:
- A Beautiful Mind, “Ignore the Blonde”
- Complete my podcast listener survey – it's short and sweet!
Don't forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!