Episode 78 | Profit Boss® Radio
Today I am so excited to welcome Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, who joins us to share her unique perspective on dealing with eating disorders and other compulsive behaviors. Now, you may be wondering what food struggles have to do with financial success, but the truth is that overeaters are often over-spenders. The root causes behind issues with eating are the same root causes that can lead money troubles.
A large part of Dr. Nina's doctoral dissertation was written on the similarities between money and food in people’s lives, and has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Redbook, The Huffington Post, and many other publications. She is a frequent guest expert at summits, podcasts, radio shows, and events, as well as the host of The Dr. Nina Show on LA Talk Radio. A psychoanalyst and internationally recognized expert in weight, food, and body image issues, Dr. Nina is also the author of the Amazon bestseller Food for Thought. Her take on the complex relationship between food and money is one everyone needs to hear.
The episode starts with a Q & A session replying to inquiries from our Profit Boss® private Facebook group, and then we jump right in with Dr. Nina. Trust me, you don’t want to miss what she has to say!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- How our relationship with food is similar to our relationship with money.
- What’s really behind compulsive eating and compulsive spending.
- Why your relationship with yourself impacts your relationship with money and food.
- Unexpected representations money can take on.
- Dr. Nina’s unique perspective on dealing with eating disorders and other compulsive behaviors.
- What makes people vulnerable to issues with food and/or money.
- Clues that indicate a problem is rooted in past experiences.
- Actions you can take to help deal with emotional and psychological issues that manifest in eating and spending.
Featured On The Show:
- Profit Boss® Private Facebook Group
- Make Peace With Food Blog
- Food for Thought by Nina Savelle-Rocklin
- Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!