Welcome to episode 142 of Profit Boss® Radio! As of this episode, I am taking a brief summer hiatus so that I can focus on the $50K Wealth Multiplier Experience and, more importantly, family and my daughter’s health. I do have some homework for you this summer and plenty of useful resources along the way, however!
When is the last time you reviewed your and your spouse’s beneficiary elections for all your accounts to make sure that they everything is set up the way it should be? If you're scratching your head wondering when that might have been, it's probably been too long.
Your beneficiary elections are incredibly important. To ensure that your estate plan is executed properly in the event the need arises, you want to be certain beneficiary information is up to date. Learn the estate planning mistakes to avoid in this week's episode of Profit Boss® Radio.
Here’s what you’ll find out in this week’s episode of Profit Boss® Radio
- The importance of making sure that beneficiary forms are up to date
- The difference between gift tax and estate tax, and how it can impact your estate planning wishes
- How people normally elect their beneficiaries (and the things you should consider when making these important decisions)
- How I personally set up my estate for my daughter Harlyn
- Why I generally don't recommend anyone inheriting an estate under the age of 35
- How utilizing trusts in your estate plan provides specific parameters for how and when beneficiaries receive benefits
- What the biggest leverage points are in your financial life
- The steps you should utilize when building your financial plan to avoid common pitfalls
- Harlyn health update
Resources and Related Profit Boss® Content Mentioned in this Episode
- Multiplying Your Wealth White Paper
- Episode 140 | 7 Steps to Wealth Win Stories
- Slott: Simple Estate Planning Choices Can Have a Big Impact
- Ignite Investing
Apply to the $50K Wealth Multiplier Experience
The $50K Wealth Multiplier Experience applications are now LIVE! The 2019 $50K Wealth Multiplier is open to ten women and there are only eight spots remaining, so make sure to register as soon as possible. There is an investment and commitment to be apart of this year’s cohort. Jen and I will be spending a massive amount of our time, intellectual capital, and resources to launch participants on their financial journeys to discover their full wealth potential. If you are interested in more accountability, coaching, 1-on-1 work and more make sure to apply now!
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! If you reach a financial goal you’re proud of, tell me about it! I will continue to share listener win stories throughout 2019. Remember, the Profit Boss® community is here to support you and that includes celebrating with you when you accomplish something incredible.
- If you crush a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big financial or career plans, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them throughout the year on Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to email@example.com. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story. Thanks, ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Interested in taking your next right step? Apply Now to join the $50k Wealth Multiplier Mastermind
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Don’t miss out on the 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide! It’s free and comes with weekly emails that walk you through each step.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media. Any specific mentions of funds or investments are strictly for illustrative purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice or acted upon by individual investors. The opinions expressed in this episode are those of Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA.