Step 1: Encounter
A Brief (15-minute) Phone Call
We use this time to get to know each other a bit. Some people pepper me with questions. Others share what’s on their mind. If we agree we’re a good fit, we’ll schedule step 2.
After the call, I’ll send you a confirmation email with a list of documents I recommend you gather in preparation for our first meeting. Most clients upload these documents via a secure online portal I create for them.
Step 2: Discover
A 60-Minute Meeting or Call
Why do you need a great financial and investment advisor—or a better one? Why now? What’s going on with you—has there been a change in your life? Who are you responsible for? What’s the life you’d like to maintain, reach, or achieve?
These are some of the questions we’ll cover in meeting 1.
We’ll get clarity on your current comfort levels, your relationships, your community, your philanthropic interests. We’ll explore what “success” looks like. What inspires you? What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
Then, we’ll plan for a bright financial future.
It’s okay to dare greatly! Wild visions have been sprouted and sprung during these sessions. Sometimes, dreams are more achievable than one might assume.
Our conversation—and every conversation you have with me as your Investment Advisor—is entirely judgment-free.
When we’re done, you may even have homework. I definitely will. I’ll apply my experience in the markets and investing to what I’ve learned about your circumstances, responsibilities, objectives, and dreams. Then, I’ll create a blueprint designed to steward your wealth and achieve your furthest goals.
By now, you may be thinking:
Step 3: Design
A Second Meeting or Call
Voila! I’ll present you with a portfolio tailored to what you’ve told me about your investment habits, time frame, and current situation. Together, we’ll:
- Review the carefully allocated basket of investments I’ve produced for you.
- Go over the history of returns in the allocation, so you can see how this particular set of investments has performed over the past 90 years.
- Talk about what-if scenarios and the wisdom of staying the course.
- Explore how investor behavior is the primary driver of long-term returns.
This cornerstone conversation will help us create the foundation for our work, which we’ll keep in the forefront as we build your financial future.
Step 4: Delivery
We Hit the Ground Running
The next step is to build the plan. You’ve been wanting an Investment Advisor on your team, and this is the beginning of our long-term commitment together. Think of yourself as the “CEO of You,” and me as your Chief Financial Officer.
I’ll provide you with your own eMoney Advisor dashboard which gives you a complete view of your financial picture, at your fingertips, any time.
Some examples of what you’ll be able to do with your eMoney dashboard:
- Get a snapshot of your complete financial picture, including retirement assets, real estate, mortgages, credit cards, bank accounts, and more
- Securely store important financial, medical, and estate documents online for easy retrieval by anyone you choose to give access to
- Use the Decision Center to see the potential impact of your financial decisions on your retirement and estate
- I’ll provide you with up-to-date data so you can evaluate your options and you can collaborate with me online, in real-time
We’ll set you up for success the way you’ve defined it.
My team will comb through the documents I’ve asked you to provide and complete a comprehensive insurance and legal review to make sure all of the critical pieces to your life’s wealth puzzle are in place.
Remember, my fiduciary duty is to you, to your interests, at all times.
- I want you to be completely comfortable sharing what’s most important, what you value, what frustrates you, and where you think you can use the most help.
- My investment advisory team and I will stick with you through life’s beginnings and endings—jobs, companies, vacations, relationships.
- We’ll help you gain a clear sense of where you are now, where you want to go—and we’ll do the hard work it takes to create a plan to get you there.
- We’ll visit the topics of retirement, tax and estate planning and then we’ll talk about planned giving. We’ll talk a lot about the nitty gritty, dollars and sense details of your life lived in a style that you desire.
All investing involves risk, including the potential for loss of principal. There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful.
Hilary Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC (“HHWM”) is a registered investment adviser offering advisory services in the State of California and in other jurisdictions where exempted.
Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. The presence of this website on the Internet shall not be directly or indirectly interpreted as a solicitation of investment advisory services to persons of another jurisdiction unless otherwise permitted by statute. Follow-up or individualized responses to consumers in a particular state by HHWM in the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation shall not be made without our first complying with jurisdiction requirements or pursuant an applicable state exemption.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of HHWM, unless otherwise specifically cited. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and no representations are made by our firm as to another parties’ informational accuracy or completeness. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation.