Welcome to episode 148 of Profit Boss® Radio! In this episode, I had the opportunity to interview Kim Bohr. Kim Bohr is the CEO of The Innovare Group, a certified executive advisor, and a sought-after speaker. She combines 20 years of practical business experience as a cross-functional executive with her passion to make people and businesses better from the inside out.
In today’s episode, Kim shares with us her 3A framework and how you can apply it to your career advancement goals. The 3A’s are: assess, align, and accelerate. Assess means taking an in-depth analysis of the different components within your career. Then, finding the gaps and creating a plan to align your career with your goals. Finally, being able to apply those things you have discovered to design and accelerate your career.
Along with teaching us her 3A framework Kim shares practical tips on how to intentionally build your network. Oftentimes people can grow intimidated when you talk about networking. When utilized correctly networking can be incredibly valuable to accomplishing your career goals.
So, are you ready to design your career for wealth? Then you don’t want to miss this information-packed episode with Kim Bohr. Tune in to Profit Boss® Radio today!
Here’s what you’ll find out in this week’s episode of Profit Boss® Radio
- The difference between men and women when it comes to applying for jobs
- How men and women approach networking differently
- How to develop your network to support your career goals
- Why it is key to intentionally build a diversified network
- How to spot gaps in your career goals
- How your network can help you close those gaps
- Why you are primarily responsible for your career advancement, not the company
- Kim’s top tips for networking within your current company
- Why it is necessary to be direct when discussing your career goals
- What steps should you take to align your career with your goals
- How to create and execute your advancement pitch to achieve your career goals
- Why you should always be moving forward in your career
- BONUS! MoneyWise Segment: FDIC Insurance
- What is FDIC insurance and the history of its creation
- How do banks fail and how does FDIC insurance help you if that happens
- Why savvy investors spread their accounts amongst multiple banks
- How to take control of your career trajectory and avoid others shaping your path
- How Kim’s career journal can help you understand your successes and failures so you can advance your career
- Why your mindset is crucial to career advancement
- How to deal with a new leadership role that comes with your advancement
- Why as a leader communication and clarity with your team is vital to everyone’s success
About Guest Kim Bohr
Kim Bohr, CEO of The Innovare Group, holds an International MBA from the University of Denver with an emphasis in International Policy and Relations. Bohr is a certified executive advisor and a sought-after speaker who has spoken at major conferences including HubSpot, SIM Women and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. Bohr has been a guest on Heartrepreneur, and has written for Cheapism and UpJourney.
About The Innovare Group
The Innovare Group is a boutique strategic consultancy that helps funded startups, mid-market growth organizations and progressive corporate teams boost profits, performance, and team passion. Our specialty is identifying the blind spots and developing realistic action plans that enable companies to scale and expand in deliberate, sustainable ways.
Our team has decades of experience across industries, having been coaches and consultants for global, corporate, start-up, non-profit, and family-owned businesses, so we’re comfortable working in virtually any environment. We’re thoughtful, tenacious, and utterly unflappable. And we love what we do, so we bring both intense passion and deep expertise to the table.
Resources and Related Profit Boss® Content Mentioned in this Episode
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! If you reach a financial goal you’re proud of, tell me about it! I will continue to share listener win stories throughout 2019. Remember, the Profit Boss® community is here to support you and that includes celebrating with you when you accomplish something incredible.
- If you crush a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big financial or career plans, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them throughout the year on Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to firstname.lastname@example.org. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story. Thanks, ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to email@example.com. I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don't miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Don’t miss out on the 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide! It’s free and comes with weekly emails that walk you through each step.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media. Any specific mentions of funds or investments are strictly for illustrative purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice or acted upon by individual investors. The opinions expressed in this episode are those of Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA.